Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Poetry Projects in a Different Hue

I've been feeling a bit of despair about the poems that I'm not writing.  But let me remember that I have been writing some poetry, just not in the traditional way.

The other day when I was sketching, I also worked on a haiku-like thing:




And I've been having fun with book spine poems.  Here's my latest book spine poem, for this week, when John Bolton's book comes out leaving many of us to wonder why he didn't testify earlier when it might have had more effect (but maybe fewer book sales):




So for future years, let me remember that I was being creative, I was using my poetry talents, but I was often using them in different ways.  Let me remember my Pentecost project, part parable, part poetry, part morning walk, part theology--that project brought me more joy than many poetry projects.



No comments: