Monday, June 15, 2020

Productivity in a Pandemic

I didn't have a particularly productive week-end, if you use one set of metrics:

--I didn't revise any work.

--I didn't create any new written work beyond blog posts.

--I didn't send any work or queries out.

--I didn't get grading done.

But I did get out early on Saturday morning to get provisions and to take care of the recycling of grocery bags and foam egg cartons.  I got laundry done and dishes washed and recycling of household items like bottles taken to the bin.

In terms of creativity, I did get some sketching done.  I refilled my markers which is more time consuming than you might expect.  I practiced my mandolin.  We did some cooking, which will be important this week, as I have some very long days at work.

I sent e-mails as I try to stay in touch with people.  I had a good conversation with my folks, as we try to determine whether or not there's a safe way to see people; we might drive to a place between our houses for time together, but for now, we're saying no to plane trips.

I got the counting of the money done and made a deposit for my church, and I also wrote the checks that needed to be written.

So why do I feel like I got nothing done?

Perhaps it's because I watched so many episodes of The Office yesterday--and it was a later season, where the story lines get a bit more farfetched.  But I found myself realizing how seldom I laugh these days.  It was good to watch something mindless and laugh and enjoy a good meal and some wine.

I should start calculating productivity in a different way:  how did I nourish myself?

1 comment:

clarabenet90@gmail.com said...

congrats on launching your book ! Now is the time to gather more reviews and visibility, try honestbookreview dot com for reviews. Having 100+ reviews helps with sales and visibility